This week's Wildcat Spotlight features Men's Soccer senior Ariel Morales. The Hotel and Lodging Management major, a Charlotte native, came to JWU from Mallard Creek High School. Ariel has made 47 appearances in his career for the Wildcats.
Get to know Ariel:
Why did you choose Johnson & Wales University?
- "I chose Johnson & Wales University because I was recruited for soccer here. Once I got to the campus, I fell in love with it and decided to go for Hotel & Lodging a year into my studies."
What is your favorite memory of college so far?
- "My favorite memory of college is meeting all the great people I have in my life."
What is something interesting that people don’t know about you?
- "I am actually pretty introverted and struggle in public settings."
What is your favorite food?
- "It has to be my mother's Canelones. She blesses me with them from time to time."
What is your favorite hobby?
- "Soccer to me is more of a lifestyle than a hobby, but soccer would still be my hobby of choice."
What would you like to do after graduation?
- "I would like to either look a bit further into a possible soccer career while also diving into the hotel business. I do not want to let my parents down and let my financial obligations drag me down."
Coach Payne on Ariel:
"Ariel is such a servant leader for our team. He sets a good example everyday with his work ethic, his maturity, and his dedication to the team. He's a great soccer player but an even better person."