Charlotte, NC - JWU men's basketball team hosted EMAC opponent Mid-Atlantic Christian University on Saturday. The Wildcats' hot shooting and exceptional ball movement were key to the 101-59 victory.
- The #10 Wildcats jumped out to a 13-0 lead to begin the game, JWU would stretch the lead to as many as 46 points.
- The Wildcats racked up 29 assists, the second most in team history, and only committed 10 turnovers.
- JWU shot 57% from the floor, which included going 14-36 from the three point line.
- JWU out-rebounded MACU 41-28.
- The Wildcats held a 52-24 advantage on points in the paint.
- The Wildcat bench outscored their counterparts 62-3.
- Zyrion Wilkins and Robert Hobson each scored 17 points, and Majerle Poole added 16.
- JWU moves to 8-8 overall and 5-0 in EMAC play.
From The Coach:
Head Coach Dan Larkin on the game: "Incredibly proud of our team tonight. We did not let up for 40 minutes. 29 assists is a true testament to how much this team has grown. Not one guy on our roster cared where the shot came from tonight, and we truly worked for the best shot every time down the floor. Hopefully this is a sign of what is to come from this team."
The men's basketball team will play the second game in a "white out" double header vs Bob Jones University on Jan. 15. The women's game will tip-off at 6:00 pm and the first 50 students to arrive will be given t-shirts to "white out" Cats' Corner. The men's game is scheduled for 8:00 pm.