Charlotte, NC - JWU men's basketball team took on Bob Jones University on Tuesday. Majerle Poole exploded for a school record 39 points to lead the Wildcats to a 87-68 victory.
- The Wildcats were down 7-6 just two minutes into the game. Once they went up 8-7, they never trailed again.
- JWU's largest lead was 35 points.
- JWU went 15-31 from the three point line
- #5 JWU collected 21 assists to BJU's 13.
- The Wildcats scored 28 points off of turnovers and only surrendered 14 to Bob Jones (2-13).
- The Wildcats held a 26-16 advantage on points in the paint.
- Poole's 39 points are a new career high and school record. He went 13-18 from the field, including 8-12 from three. He also led the team with 10 rebounds.
- Kajuan Madden-McAfee scored 14 points, PJ Gill chipped in 12, and Robert Hobson finished with 10.
- JWU moves to 9-8 on the season.
From The Coach:
Head Coach Dan Larkin after the game, "Great team win tonight. It was tremendous to see how our guys continued to feed Majerle on his hot shooting night. We're really growing as a team and if we continue to play defense the way we did in the first half we're going to be extremely tough down the stretch."
The Wildcats host Hiwassee College on Jan. 19th for a 3:00 pm tip-off. The 4th Annual JWU Alumni Men's & Women's Basketball Game will be this Saturday, January 19, at 12:00pm (noon). The game will be held in the Wildcat Center Gym. Alumni game admission is free for anyone attending. Alumni players will also be recognized at halftime of the men's basketball game vs Hiwassee College.