Charlotte, NC - JWU men's basketball team hosted Hiwassee College on Saturday. The Wildcats extended their winning streak as they captured the 92-77 win behind Robert Hobson's 27 points.
- With 5:04 left, the Wildcats were up by two points, 72-70. They closed the game out on a 20-7 run.
- The current five game winning streak is the longest for the men's basketball program since February of 2016.
- #8 JWU collected 18 assists to HC's 12.
- The Wildcats shot 49% from the field and held the Tigers to 39%.
- The Wildcats held a 46-30 advantage on points in the paint over Hiwassee (9-11).
- Hobson's 27 points are a new career high. He also led the team with 9 rebounds and 5 assists.
- Christian Creswell added 11 points and 8 rebounds, while Kajuan Madden-McAfee added 10 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 steals.
- JWU moves to 10-8 on the season.
From The Coach:
"Tremendous team win tonight. It had been a few games since we played against that level of athleticism, and it took a ways through the first half for our defense to adjust. This was a game we knew we had to get paint touches every possession in order to win, and once we settled down we did a great job of attacking the rim in the second half," commented Head Coach Dan Larkin after the game. "Rob, PJ, and Kajuan were exceptional on the bounce and their teammates were setting great screens. Also, I thought we got huge minutes from Caleb in both halves with some of he best individual defense I had seen all year. Proud of our team and looking forward to preparing for this 3 game road swing."
The Wildcats will hit the road for their next game, as they take on Morris College. That game is scheduled for Jan. 23rd with a 7:00 pm tip-off.