Sumter, SC - The JWU men's basketball team traveled to Morris College on Wednesday. The Wildcats continued their winning ways, collecting the 83-66 victory.
- JWU shot 54.4% from the field while holding their opponents to 41.9%.
- The Wildcats held Morris to 16.7% from three while knocking in 36.4% of their own.
- The Wildcats out-rebounded the Hornets 38-31.
- Robert Hobson led the Wildcats with 18 points.
- Jackson Baylark and Christian Creswell added 16 points and 11 points, respectively.
- Majerle Poole and Kajuan Madden-McAfee each collected 8 rebounds apiece.
- JWU moves to 11-8 on the season and extends their winning streak to six games.
From The Coach:
Head Coach Dan Larkin on the win: "Thought we did a great job of handling the pressure in the 1st half. We controlled the boards and that allowed us to build a lead going into halftime. We're still working on building leads. I think more consistency with our shot selection and defensive intensity when we're up will only allow us to progress and grow as a team."
The Wildcats will travel to Warren Wilson College on Jan. 26th for an EMAC showdown. That game is slated for a 4:00 pm tip-off.