Swannanoa, NC - The JWU men's basketball team traveled to #15 Warren Wilson on Saturday. Some sharp three-point shooting saw the Wildcats win the high-scoring affair, 101-90.
- This was the second game of the season that the Wildcats eclipsed the 100 point mark.
- JWU's lead reached as high as 25 points.
- JWU shot 47% from the field while holding their opponents to 38%.
- The Wildcats held the Owls to 13% from three while knocking in 39% of their own.
- The two teams combined for 72 free throws, with the Wildcats holding a 10 point advantage from the line.
- The Wildcats out-rebounded their opponents, 45-35.
- The trio of Majerle Poole (26), Robert Hobson (26), and Kajuan Madden-McAfee (17) combined for 69 of JWU's 101 points. The trio also combined for 9 of the team's 11 threes.
- Poole paced the Wildcats with 11 rebounds.
- Eighth ranked JWU moves to 12-8 on the season and 5-0 in EMAC play.
- This victory marks the sixth road win of the season for the Wildcats, a new program record. It also extends the current winning streak to 7.
From The Coach:
"Excellent effort by our club tonight. We defended as well as we have all season in the first half," commented Head Coach Dan Larkin. "We're still fighting to put together two dominant halves. It's easy to get complacent when we build first half leads like we've been able to do, but being able to extend those leads are where we have to grow as a team."
The Wildcats will travel to Bob Jones University on Jan. 29th for a 7:00 pm tip-off.