Greenville, SC - The Johnson & Wales men's basketball team took on Bob Jones University on Tuesday. The Wildcats never trailed in the game en route to the 89-74 victory.
- JWU's lead reached as high as 16 points.
- JWU shot 52% from the field.
- The Wildcats only turned the ball over 9 times and forced 17 turnovers from Bob Jones (5-14).
- JWU outscored the Bruins 26-12 on points off of turnovers.
- JWU held a 12 point advantage on three-pointers.
- The Wildcats were out-rebounded their opponents, 36-23.
- There were four double-digit scorers for JWU: Robert Hobson (25), Kajuan Madden-McAfee (24), PJ Gill (12), and Jackson Baylark (10).
- Hobson and Madden-McAfee combined to go 9-20 from the three-point line.
- Baylark chipped in 4 blocks for JWU.
- JWU, currently ranked 8th in USCAA D2, moves to 13-8 on the season.
- This victory marks the seventh road win of the season for the Wildcats, extending their record. It also takes the current win streak to 8 games. The Wildcats have scored at least 80 points in every game of the streak.
From The Coach:
"Really great effort on the road tonight. We settled for their pace of the game late in the first half, but we took control of the tempo in the second to put it away," commented Head Coach Dan Larkin. "Proud of how hard our team is playing. When we play with energy, togetherness, and make the smart play we are a really fun team to watch. We'll enjoy this one until midnight tonight and then start preparing for a tough Apprentice club tomorrow."
The Wildcats will host The Apprentice School on Feb. 1st. This will be JWU's annual "Education Day" as the Wildcats promote education within the community. Tip-off is scheduled for 12:00 pm.