Charlotte, NC - The JWU men's basketball team hosted Toccoa Falls College on Saturday. The Wildcats' well-rounded performance extended their winning streak with a 107-54 wire-to-wire victory.
- The Wildcats never trailed and stretched their lead as high as 55 points.
- JWU forced 30 turnovers which led to 34 points. They only committed 10 turnovers resulting in 10 points for the Screaming Eagles.
- The Wildcats out-rebounded their opponents, 48-36, and outscored TFC in the paint, 60-16.
- The Wildcats shot 50.6% from the field and held TFC to 31.1%.
- The JWU bench outscored their counterparts, 59-28.
- JWU boasted five double-digit scorers: Robert Hobson led the way with 21, Kajuan Madden-McAfee had 19, Majerle Poole contributed 14, Antonio Smith had 12, and Zyrion Wilkins chipped in 10.
- Malik Bullock and Madden-McAfee each had 9 rebounds to lead the Wildcats.
- Poole had 5 steals on the evening, while Bullock and Hobson added 3 apiece.
- Seventh ranked JWU moves to 16-8 on the season and extends their winning streak to 11 games.
From The Coach:
"Great team win tonight. It was exciting to see that we had no let up from 1-14," commented Head Coach Dan Larkin. "We'll enjoy this one until midnight and then turn our attention to the big week we have, starting Wednesday with Warren Wilson."
The Wildcats host Warren Wilson on Feb. 13th with a 7:00 pm tip-off. The game will also serve as "Senior Night" as senior Christian Creswell is recognized for his contribution to the program.