Charlotte, NC - The JWU men's basketball team celebrated senior Christian Creswell on Wednesday as they hosted EMAC rival Warren Wilson College. Thanks to a career day from Robert Hobson, the Wildcats extended their winning streak with the 115-99 victory.
- The Wildcats never trailed in the game and stretched their lead as high as 27 points.
- The two teams combined for 27 three-pointers. Twelfth ranked WWC shot 12 of 38 while JWU went 15-38.
- The Wildcats recorded assists on 25 of their 44 made baskets.
- JWU shot 55% from the field while holding the Owls to 38%.
- Robert Hobson set a new career-high with 36 points. Hobson went 8-16 from three. He also added 6 assists and 6 rebounds.
- Kajuan Madden-McAfee and Malik Bullock each had 15 points, Majerle Poole contributed 14, and Jackson Baylark chipped in 12.
- Creswell, in his first game back from injury, celebrated "Senior Night" with 6 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks.
- Zyrion Wilkins led the Wildcats with 8 rebounds, followed by Bullock and Baylark with 7 apiece.
- This marked the fourth consecutive game that JWU has scored 100 points against the Owls. The Wildcats are 3-1 in those contests.
- 115 marks the second highest single-game point total in JWU Charlotte men's basketball history.
- Sixth ranked JWU moves to 17-8 on the season and 8-0 in EMAC play.
- 17 wins is the second most in a season in the program's history.
- The victory extends their program-record winning streak to 12 games.
From The Coach:
"Couldn't be more proud of our team. Warren Wilson is always a tough game. We stayed in attack mode for 40 minutes and really kept up with their pace. To go undefeated against EMAC opponents this regular season is a testament to how much work our guys have put in. They have bought in to what we are trying to do and the results show," remarked Head Coach Dan Larkin. "I'm happy we could send Christian out with a final regular season home win. He has been such an integral part of this program for so long, and I know the guys enjoyed that."
The Wildcats wrap up the regular season with two road contests. They travel to Hiwassee on Feb. 15th with a 7:00 pm tip-off before traveling to Piedmont International on Feb. 16th for a 5:00 pm game.