Winston-Salem, NC - The JWU men's basketball team wrapped up regular season play on Saturday as they traveled to Piedmont International University. The Wildcats fell to a strong Bruins team 96-75.
- The Wildcats started the game on a 12-4 run, but the Bruins took the lead with 7:21 left in the first half and never looked back.
- The Wildcats were out-rebounded 42-31, gave up 15 second chance points while scoring 6, and were outscored in the paint 38-16.
- JWU were held to 36% shooting despite shooting 11-25 from the three point line. They held PIU to 43%.
- Robert Hobson led the Wildcats with 23 points, connecting on 5-11 three-point attempts.
- Majerle Poole grabbed 7 rebounds to lead JWU. Poole also had 4 steals on the day.
- Sixth ranked JWU drops to 18-9 on the season.
- The loss snaps the longest winning streak in program history at 13 games.
From The Coach:
Head Coach Dan Larkin on the game: "They were better than us tonight. They got more shots, more rebounds, and did more things to win the game than we did. We're going to regroup after the weekend and prepare for conference tournament play."
JWU will enter the EMAC conference tournament as the #1 seed after going 8-0 in EMAC competition. The Wildcats will play on Feb. 22nd at 4:45 pm versus the winner of the Warren Wilson and Apprentice matchup earlier in the week.