Mont Alto, PA- The Johnson & Wales Charlotte Men's Basketball Team tipped-off the Benchoff Tournament hosted by PSU Mont Alto with a back and forth tilt with PSU York. The Wildcats emerged victorious, 89-85.
- Rematch of the 2018-2019 USCAA Semifinal that JWU won 77-65.
- There were 18 lead changes and 10 ties in the game.
- JWU shot 48.5% from the field and 42.1% from three.
- The Wildcats converted 17 free throws compared to 16 for PSU York, despite shooting only 26 free throws, 8 less than York.
- Both teams took care of the ball, combining for only 25 turnovers. (12 for JWU and 13 for York.) PSUY led JWU in points off turnovers (19-14).
- JWU held a 43-34 advantage in bench points.
- The Wildcats out-rebounded their opponents, 43-39.
- Robert Hobson led the Wildcats with 24 points, including 3 three pointers.
- Zyrion Wilkins added 19 points and Antonio Smith had 12 as the two combined to go 13-19 from the field.
- Malik Bullock led JWU with seven rebounds.
- The victory moves JWU to 2-1 on the season.
From The Coach:
"Really well contested rematch of last year's USCAA Semifinal game tonight. We did not play our best basketball and we got back into some bad habits but when it came time to get stops and make the plays that count we were able to do so," said JWU Head Coach Dan Larkin. "These are the games that will truly get us ready for March."
The Wildcats will play Benchoff Tournament hosts PSU Mont Alto on Saturday, November 9th at 3:00 pm.