Mont Alto, PA- The Johnson & Wales Charlotte Men's Basketball Team concluded the Benchoff Tournament on Saturday with a 76-61 win over the hosts PSU Mont Alto.
- Robert Hobson and Majerle Poole combined for 40 points on the night.
- There were 18 lead changes and 10 ties in the game.
- JWU shot 39.4% from the field while holding PSU MA to 34.2%
- The Wildcats had a seven point advantage from the free throw line, going 12 of 17 while Mont Alto converted 5 of 10.
- The Wildcats out-rebounded their opponents, 50-45.
- Brandon Kostyk added 11 points.
- JWU scored 21 second chance points, compared to 11 points for Mont Alto.
- The Wildcats outscored PSU 24-9 in bench points.
- CJ Miller led JWU with 13 rebounds.
- Robert Hobson was named the All Tournament Team and was also named Tournament MVP.
- The victory moves JWU to 3-1 on the season.
From The Coach:
"Good team win for our club tonight against an extremely talented Mont Alto program. We could not have asked for better competition this weekend and we greatly appreciate Coach Schenzel for the gracious hospitality," commented JWU Head Coach Dan Larkin. "I think we made a lot of progress on the defensive side of the ball today and our guys started to understand how our schemes can put us in position to win games. Proud of our guys and looking forward as we continue to grow as a program."
The Wildcats will play Penn State University Lehigh Valley on Saturday, November 16th at 6:00 pm.