Charlotte, NC- The Johnson & Wales Charlotte Men's Basketball Team hosted NAIA program Morris College on Wednesday. After being down at halftime, the Wildcats roared back in the second half to claim the 94-84 win.
- JWU started the game by going up 6-1, but the Hornets would go on a 22-8 run to take the score to 23-14.
- The Wildcats slowly chipped away at the lead and entered halftime trailing 37-35.
- The Wildcats started the second half on an 8-0 run to reclaim the lead and never looked back, outscoring Morris 59-47 in the second half.
- JWU shot 52% from the field while holding the Hornets to 41%
- The Wildcats collected assists on 24 of their 36 field goals
- JWU dominated points in the paint, 46-26, and held a 38-32 advantage on bench points
- The Wildcats held a six point advantage at the free throw line, going 12-21 from the stripe compared to 6 of 8 for MC.
- Brandon Kostyk had 19 points. He went 6 for 8 from the field including 4 of 6 from the three point line.
- Zyrion Wilkins went 8 for 13 to add 19 points.
- Robert Hobson had 15 points, 6 rebounds, and 6 assists. His 6 assists led the Wildcats.
- CJ Miller's 15 points came on 7 of 9 shooting, and he also added 8 rebounds.
- Antonio Smith paced JWU with 9 rebounds to accompany his 8 points.
- The victory moves JWU to 5-1 on the season.
From The Coach:
"Great team win tonight. If we can move the ball like we did in the second half and play together, we can score at will," commented JWU Head Coach Dan Larkin. "Obviously, we have to be better on the glass, but we will adjust and continue to get better."
The Wildcats will play an exhibition at NCAA DII opponent Francis Marion on Saturday, November 23rd, at 3:00 pm.