Jacksonville, FL- The JWU Charlotte Men's Basketball Team took on the Eagles of Trinity Baptist College on Monday, returning home with an impressive 115-61 victory.
- The Wildcats tied a program record with 17 three pointers made, going 17 for 32 in the game.
- Robert Hobson tied a school record with 9 threes, shooting 9 of 13 from deep.
- JWU outscored the Eagles 44-24 in the paint
- The Wildcats' bench outscored their counterparts 58-26.
- JWU outrebounded the Eagles 54-24, helping lead to a 20-6 advantage in second chance points.
- JWU shot 58% from the field while holding the Eagles to 33%
- The Wildcats shot 53% from three while allowing only 21% for TBC.
- Hobson led all scorers with 32 points. Hobson has now scored double digits in all seven contests this season.
- Zyrion Wilkins added 11 points and 13 rebounds
- Antonio Smith scored 14 for JWU.
- The victory moves JWU to 6-1 on the season.
From The Coach:
"We came into the game knowing that we would have an advantage on the boards, and from the start I thought our guys bought into what we needed to do," commented JWU Head Coach Dan Larkin. "Won the boards by 30 and only surrendered 4 offensive rebounds. I'm proud of how selfless and together our group is playing, it has been really fun to watch them grow as a unit."
JWU Charlotte returns to the court on December 14th when they play at JWU North Miami at 4:00 pm.