Charlotte, NC - The JWU Men's Basketball Team played EMAC rival Clinton College on Tuesday, defeating the Golden Bears 92-81.
- The Wildcats entered the game ranked #1 in USCAA D2, and Clinton is ranked #11 in USCAA D1.
- JWU's largest lead was 20 points and came with 3 minutes remaining in the second half.
- The Wildcats won despite losing the battles in rebounding (49-46), turnovers (22-15), points off turnovers (21-8), second chance points (23-8), and points in the paint (46-38).
- JWU's defense came up big, holding CC to 33% from the field.
- The offensive key to victory for the Wildcats was their ball movement, collecting 16 assists on 31 field goals compared to 5 on 29 for CC. This helped the team shoot 45% from the field.
- Robert Hobson tied a career high with 36 points, including 8 made threes.
- CJ Miller scored 16 points, including converting 10 of 11 free throws. He also had 8 rebounds.
- Malik Bullock passed out 9 assists and grabbed 9 rebounds.
- Antonio Smith led the team with 10 rebounds and also collected 7 blocks on the evening.
- Majerle Poole had 12 points for JWU.
- The victory has the Wildcats sitting at 14-3 on the season.
From The Coach:
"Proud of the way our team played today. This was a really good start to the conference season, and I'm happy to see how much we are growing," reflected JWU Head Coach Dan Larkin. "We had a slow start offensively in the first half, but once we settled down I was really impressed with the togetherness of our squad."
The Wildcats will play Mid-Atlantic Christian University on Saturday, January 25th at 3:00 pm.