Charlotte, NC - The JWU Men's Basketball Team took on EMAC rival Mid-Atlantic Christian University for Homecoming on Saturday. After beating MACU by five points just two weeks ago, the Wildcats exploded for the 108-64 win.
- The Wildcats led the entire game, and their largest lead was 47 points.
- The Wildcats shot 48.7% from the field while holding the Mustangs to 34.3%.
- JWU made 14 three pointers, the second most in a game this season.
- JWU outrebounded MACU 50-32, and their 18 offensive rebounds led to 20 second chance points. The Mustangs scored 8 second chance points on 9 offensive boards.
- The Wildcats only committed 9 turnovers while forcing 20, leading to a 25-8 advantage in points off turnovers.
- 12 different Wildcats recorded an assist, a new program record. JWU recorded assists on 25 of their 35 baskets, compared to 6 assists for MACU's 23 field goals made.
- JWU outscored the Mustangs 53-20 in bench points.
- Antonio Smith had a new career high with 23 points. He also 10 rebounds, 2 blocks, and 2 steals.
- Robert Hobson scored 16 points, PJ Gill had 14, and Majerle Poole had 10 for JWU.
- Malik Bullock set a new career high with 11 rebounds.
- De'Andre Williams and Bullock each had 5 assists for the Wildcats.
- The Wildcats are ranked #1 in USCAA D2 and sport a 19-3 record. They are on an 11 game win streak and are 5-0 in EMAC play.
From The Coach:
"Impressed with our group today. 25 assists says a lot about our team focus. I thought the guys moved the ball extremely well, and I couldn't be more proud, commented JWU Head Coach Dan Larkin. "I felt like our defense really fed off the energy of the crowd. We defended at a really high level and it showed, as we held MACU to 34% shooting."
The Wildcats turn around and play on Sunday, February 9th at 6:00 pm at Dabney S. Lancaster Community College.