Charlotte, NC - The Johnson & Wales University women's basketball team hosted Toccoa Falls College on Saturday in the third annual JWU Play4Kay game. The Wildcats' excellent second-half performance resulted in the 74-53 win.
- The game featured 10 lead changes and 3 ties.
- After going into halftime tied at 33, JWU outscored TFC 41-20 in the second half.
- The Wildcats dominated the turnover battle, forcing 26 while committing only 12. JWU outscored the Screaming Eagles 35-7 on points off of turnovers.
- The Wildcats out-rebounded Toccoa Falls 46-31, outscored them 40-14 on points in the paint, and scored 17 second chance points while only allowing 3.
- Ineesha Hankerson led the Wildcats with 18 points and 12 rebounds.
- Chase Muhammad had 16 points, 6 rebounds, 4 steals, and 3 assists.
- Bianca Covington added 10 points, 11 rebounds, and 4 steals for JWU.
- Fourth ranked JWU moves to 13-7 on the season and extends their win streak to four games.
From The Coach:
Interim Head Coach Aram Parunak on the win: "It's always good when everybody gets to play. We played pretty well offensively the whole game, but it was important for us to play better defensively in the second half, and I thought we did that."
The women's basketball team travels to Johnson University (TN) on Feb. 11th for a 7:00 pm tip-off.