Greensboro, NC - The Johnson & Wales University Women's Basketball Team took on North Carolina A&T on Saturday, falling to the NCAA D1 opponent 121-61.
- JWU shot 35.8% from the field, but 42.1% on three pointers, connecting on 8-19 from three.
- The Wildcats converted 15 of 19 free throws.
- The Wildcats were out-rebounded the Aggies, 45-30.
- JWU lost the turnover battle 39-14, resulting in a 59-10 disadvantage in points off turnovers.
- The Wildcats were outscored 76-12 in the paint and 61-5 in bench points.
- Shannon Martin led JWU with 20 points, going 5-12 from three.
- Justice Wallace had 17 points and 7 rebounds.
- Ineesha Hankerson added another double double with 10 points and 11 rebounds.
- Jamyah Montissol led JWU with 5 assists.
- The loses moves JWU to 2-1 on the season.
From The Coach:
"Today was an opportunity for our players to see what we need to continue to focus & work on," said JWU Head Coach Ashley Raley-Ross. "We will be better for our next game."
The Wildcats will play at Pfeiffer University on Tuesday, November 12th at 7:00 pm.