Charlotte, NC - The Johnson & Wales University Women's Basketball Team hosted Brunswick Community College on Friday. Despite a spirited fourth quarter rally, the Wildcats fell to the Dolphins 67-61.
- The Wildcats entered the fourth quarter trailing 51-34
- The Wildcats outscored the Dolphins 27-16 in the fourth quarter
- JWU held BCC to 42.2%, but were held to 29% from the field, including 4 of 25 from three.
- The Wildcats converted 17 of 22 free throws compared to 10 of 22 for the Dolphins.
- The Wildcats out-rebounded Brunswick 44-33.
- JWU outscored the Dolphins 13 to 7 on second chance points
- The Wildcats had assists on 13 of their 20 field goals, compared to 9 assists on 27 field goals for BCC
- Justice Wallace had 18 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 steals.
- Shannon Martin added 12 points
- Ineesha Hankerson had 11 points, 16 rebounds, and 4 assists
- The loss moves JWU to 3-2 on the season.
The Wildcats will play at Salem College on Wednesday, November 20th at 6:30 pm.