Winston-Salem, NC - The Johnson & Wales University Women's Basketball Team traveled to Salem College on Wednesday evening to take on the NCAA DIII Spirits. Led by a dominant performance by senior Ineesha Hankerson, the Wildcats returned home with the 69-58 victory.
- Ineesha Hankerson had 20 points, 21 rebounds, 5 assists, and 4 steals
- Micah Thomas's 12 points came on 5 of 7 shooting
- Jamyah Montissol (11) and Justice Wallace (10) also added double digit scoring for the Wildcats
- Wallace's 10 points represents her fourth straight game with a double digit scoring effort
- Montissol, Wallace, and Jada Morgan each collected 3 steals on the night
- JWU raced to a 7-0 lead to begin play before 9 unanswered points form the Spirits.
- After going down 9-7, the Wildcats would outscore Salem 28-8 the rest of the first half.
- The Spirits drew within six points halfway through the fourth quarter, but never any closer.
- JWU shot 38% from the field, but held Salem to 34% for the contest.
- The Wildcats out-rebounded SC, 55-47.
- JWU won the turnover battle 17-22 and turned that into a 27-9 advantage in points off turnovers.
- The Wildcats also dominated in points in the paint, 46-32, and bench points, 23-8.
- JWU moves to 4-2 with the win.
From The Coach:
"Our team earned and deserved this win. They set their goals before the game and played together to achieve them," said JWU Head Coach Ashley Raley-Ross. "I am very proud of their effort, hustle and heart tonight!"
The Wildcats will play at Tusculum University on Friday, November 22nd at 6:00 pm.