Charlotte, NC - The Johnson & Wales Women's Basketball Team hosted EMAC opponent Clinton College on Tuesday, dropping the contest 85-61.
- The game matched the USCAA D2 #10 Wildcats vs the visiting Golden Bears, ranked USCAA D1 #6.
- There were 10 lead changes and 4 ties in the game.
- The Wildcats led at the half, 45-44, but Clinton overtook the hosts in the third quarter.
- JWU held CC to 36.4% from the field, but only converted 32.4% themselves.
- The Golden Bears had a 16 point advantage from the free throw line, going 24 of 32 compared to 8 of 12 for JWU
- The Wildcats were out-rebounded their opponents, 50-34.
- JWU's ball movement resulted in assists on 59% of their made baskets, compared to 28.6% for Clinton.
- Jada Morgan led the Wildcats with 18 points. She also added 7 rebounds.
- Jamyah Montissol extended her double-digit scoring streak to 6 games after scoring 14 against CC. She also had 5 rebounds and 4 assists.
- Ineesha Hankerson paced the team with 9 rebounds.
- The defeat moves JWU to 6-9 on the season.
From The Coach:
"Tonight was a tough loss for our team," commented JWU Head Coach Ashley Raley-Ross. "However, we've had a further opportunity to learn our strengths and our vulnerabilities which we will us to help guide us in making appropriate adjustments in practice. We will continue to use growth as our focal point as we look forward to our next game on Saturday."
The Wildcats will play Mid-Atlantic Christian University on Saturday, January 25th at 1:00 pm.