Swannanoa, NC - The Johnson & Wales Charlotte Women's Basketball Team took on EMAC opponent Warren Wilson College on Wednesday, falling to the Owls 72-64.
- The game matched the USCAA D2 #11 Wildcats vs the Owls, currently receiving votes.
- There were 8 lead changes, with JWU's largest lead being three points and WWC's largest lead being the final eight point advantage
- Warren Wilson's 23 point free throw advantage proved the difference in the game, as the Owls went 30 of 47 while JWU went 7 of 21.
- JWU led 13-12 after the first quarter, and entered halftime trailing 35-31.
- JWU held WWC to 31.7% from the field and shot 34.2% themselves.
- The Wildcats out-rebounded their opponents, 51-46.
- JWU held a 13-8 advantage in second chance points.
- Jamyah Montissol scored 20 points and has now scored in double digits for seven consecutive games.
- Ineesha Hankerson had 15 points, 16 rebounds, and 3 steals.
- The defeat moves JWU to 7-10 on the season, 1-2 in conference play.
Play4Kay: The Wildcats will play The Apprentice School in the 4th Annual Play4Kay Fundraiser Game on February 1st at 3:00 pm at the Wildcat Center. Attendees are asked to wear pink to honor the many women who have fought cancer. The game is part of a double-header, taking place after the JWU Men's Basketball game at 1:00 pm.