Charlotte, NC - The Johnson & Wales Women's Basketball Team hosted EMAC opponent The Apprentice School on Saturday. The Wildcats evened their conference record at 2-2 with a dominant 88-68 victory.
- The game matched the USCAA D2 #11 Wildcats vs the visiting Builders, ranked receiving votes in the USCAA D1 poll.
- The Wildcats never trailed, and after starting the game off of 4-4, they put the game out of reach quickly.
- JWU led 25-13 after the first quarter, and 45-33 at halftime.
- The Wildcats outscored their guests 43-35 in the second half to reach the final score of 88-68.
- The Wildcats shot 41.3% and held the Builders to 38.6%.
- JWU had a big advantage at the line, going 17 of 23 compared to 9 of 17 for TAS.
- The Wildcats won the rebounding battle 55-33. JWU collected 21 offensive boards on the night.
- Another key to the game for JWU was their clinical conversion from TAS turnovers. The Wildcats scored 28 points from 23 Builder turnovers while TAS only scored 11 from 20 JWU turnovers.
- 6 Wildcats reached double digit scoring.
- Both Justice Wallace and Micah Thomas had double-doubles. Wallace had 16 points and 11 rebounds while Thomas had 13 points and 14 rebounds. Thomas also collected 4 steals.
- 13 points is Thomas's new career high. It was also her first double figure rebounding game and her first career double-double.
- Jamyah Montissol scored 16 for the Wildcats, her 8th straight game in double digits.
- Jada Morgan dropped 15 points and added 3 steals.
- Ineesha Hankerson and Christine Eppler both added 11 points. Eppler also had 8 rebounds while Hankerson had 3 steals.
- The victory has JWU at 8-10 on the season and 2-2 in EMAC play.
The Wildcats will play at Piedmont International on Thursday, February 6th at 6:00 pm.