Charlotte, NC - The Johnson & Wales Women's Basketball Team hosted EMAC opponent Mid-Atlantic Christian University on Saturday afternoon. The Wildcats capped off Homecoming weekend with a 91-47 victory.
- The first quarter was back and forth early, but the Wildcats held a 27-20 lead heading into the second.
- JWU clamped down in the second, tying a program record by holding the Mustangs to only 3 points in the period.
- The Wildcats led 48-23 at halftime.
- JWU outscored the visitors 26-11 in the third and 17-13 in the fourth.
- JWU held MACU to 31.7% from the field while shooting the ball at 49.4% clip themselves.
- The Wildcats went 9 of 18 from the free throw line compared to 1 of 5 for MACU.
- The Wildcats outrebounded their opponents, 53-25.
- JWU outscored the Mustangs 23-5 in second chance points thanks to a 21-9 advantage in offensive rebounds.
- The Wildcats won the turnover battle 18 to 12 and outscored the guests 23 to 9 in points off turnovers.
- The Wildcats were dominant getting to the basket, scoring 60 points in the paint compared to 14 for MACU.
- Jamyah Montissol extended her double-digit scoring streak to 10 games as she put up a career high 30 points on 13 of 23 shooting. She also had 7 rebounds.
- Ineesha Hankerson had her second 20 rebound game of the season to accompany her 23 points. She collected 7 steals as well.
- Micah Smith scored a career high 16 points, while Shannon Martin had 12 and Christine Eppler added 10. Eppler also chipped in 13 rebounds.
- The win has JWU at 9-11 on the season and 3-2 in EMAC competition.
From The Coach:
"We played a complete 40 minutes of great team basketball. Our team followed our game plan exactly how we asked," commented JWU Head Coach Ashley Raley-Ross. "We will continue to play together and prepare for our next game Wednesday."
The Wildcats will celebrate their seniors on Wednesday, February 12th when they host EMAC opponent Warren Wilson College for a 6:00 pm tipoff.