Charlotte, NC - The JWU Women's Basketball Team concluded their regular season home schedule, and also honored four seniors, as they hosted EMAC rival Warren Wilson College. The Wildcats avenged an earlier loss, defeating the Owls 88-74.
- The game was a matchup between two top 15 teams in USCAA D2. JWU checked in at #13 while WWC came in ranked #15.
- JWU's largest lead was 22 points and came with 30 seconds left in the third quarter.
- The Wildcats held Warren Wilson to 1 of 17 from the field in the first quarter, leading to only 36% shooting for the game for the Owls.
- JWU shot 46% from the field, including 9 of 24 from three.
- JWU assisted on 18 of their 35 made baskets compared to only 6 assists for WWC.
- Jamyah Montissol tied her career high with 30 points. She also added 6 assists and pulled down 5 rebounds.
- Christine Eppler hit 3 three-pointers, a new career high, en route to 15 points. She also had 9 rebounds.
- Micah Thomas set a new career high with 18 points, and completed the double-double with 10 rebounds.
- Justice Wallace had 12 points and Ineesha Hankerson added 5 steals.
- The victory improves the Wildcats to 10-11 on the season. Their 4-2 EMAC record is good for a second place tie in the conference standings.
From The Coach:
"We played together for a complete game. Our team gave a 100% effort and heart. We will continue to improve as we move forward for our next game Saturday." -- JWU Head Coach Ashley Raley-Ross
The Wildcats go on the road for their next game as they play another EMAC opponent, The Apprentice School, on Saturday, February 15th at 2:00 pm.