Charlotte, NC - The Johnson & Wales Women's Basketball Team traveled to EMAC opponent Apprentice School on Saturday, returning home with the 81-67 victory.
- The game matched JWU, #13 in USCAA D2, and Apprentice, ranked #14 in USCAA D1.
- JWU outscored the Builders 19 to 14 in the first quarter, but TAS held the halftime lead, 40-35.
- The Builders' five point halftime advantage was their largest lead of the game.
- The Wildcats moved ahead in the third quarter, outscoring the visitors 22-13.
- JWU furthered their lead with a 24-14 fourth quarter showing.
- The Wildcats shot 43% and held TAS to 32%.
- JWU outscored the Builders 36-26 on points in the paint.
- The Wildcats' bench outscored their counterpart 18-10.
- Jamyah Montissol tied her career high with 30 points for the third consecutive game.
- Ineesha Hankerson had 16 points and 17 rebounds.
- Micah Thomas added 10 points.
- The victory improves the Wildcats to 11-11 on the season and 5-2 in EMAC play.
"I'm proud of the way our team responded after halftime," commented JWU Head Coach Ashley Raley-Ross. "We are continuing to play together as a team and sharing the ball. We will use the time we have this upcoming week to prepare for our game Saturday at Clinton."
The Wildcats conclude the regular season on February 22nd when they travel to EMAC opponent Clinton College. That game is slated for a 2:00 pm tip-off.