Charlotte, NC - The JWU Volleyball Team kicked off "Dig Pink Week" with a match against Bluefield State on Monday, emerging as 3-0 victors.
The Wildcats (17-6) got off to a blazing start, taking set one 25-6. JWU would continue their dominance in the second set with a 25-15 win. The Wildcats finished the match with another impressive display in the third set, winning 25-5. The Wildcats, ranked #2 in USCAA D2, used 18 aces to take down the Big Blues, the second most in program history.
Riley Oros's eight service aces were one off the school record, and Moana Reid added seven aces of her own. Toniya Scott had a team high 7 kills while Reid led the team with 15 assists and 13 digs. Toniya Scott (.636), Isabelle LeMaster (.600), and Demya Scott (.429) paced the Wildcats in hitting.
"Everybody got involved tonight, and it was fun to see that," commented JWU Head Coach Callie Phillips. "Our serving and offense were strong, and I was pleased with our effort. We are looking forward to our upcoming home matches and continuing our Dig Pink Week."
JWU continues "Dig Pink Week" with a home match versus Ferrum College on Tuesday, October 22nd at 7:00 pm.
Dig Pink Reminders:
- Three more games:
- October 22nd, 7:00 pm versus Ferrum College
- October 24th, 7:00 pm versus Bob Jones University
- October 26th, 12:00 pm versus Lenoir Community College
- Wear pink to the games.
- JWU Volleyball t-shirts available for donations
- 50/50 raffle for fans in attendance at the matches in addition to the online link
- Side-Out Foundation raises funds for Stage IV cancer research
- Visit the JWU Fundraising Page where you can donate to help fight breast cancer! https://giving.side-out.org/campaigns/16543#/