Charlotte, NC - The JWU Volleyball Team took down Ferrum College on Tuesday night to move to 18-6 on the season. The win gives the Wildcats their eighth win in the last ten matches.
After taking the first set 25-22, the Wildcats would drop the second set 25-19 to tie the match at one game apiece. JWU would win a crucial and hotly contested third set 25-23 to regain the lead before cruising in set four 25-16 to take the match.
Demya Scott led JWU with 13 kills while Moana Reid had 28 assists. Reid also led the Wildcats with 25 digs. Toniya Scott (16), Natalie Carpenter (12), and Riley Oros (12) also contributed double digit digs.
"We capitalized on our opportunities on offense and played tough defense," remarked JWU Head Coach Callie Phillips. "This style of play will serve us well as we look toward the rest of our season. I'm very pleased with our full team effort tonight."
Johnson & Wales will continue "Dig Pink Week" on October 24th when they host Bob Jones University at 7:00 pm.
Dig Pink Reminders:
- Two more games:
- October 24th, 7:00 pm versus Bob Jones University
- October 26th, 12:00 pm versus Lenoir Community College
- Wear pink to the games.
- JWU Volleyball t-shirts available for donations
- 50/50 raffle for fans in attendance at the matches in addition to the online link
- Side-Out Foundation raises funds for Stage IV cancer research
- Visit the JWU Fundraising Page where you can donate to help fight breast cancer! https://giving.side-out.org/campaigns/16543#/